2005-06-04

The Sky is Ripe with Storms

The air is heavy with heat and moisture as the tops of the trees sway with storms moving in. This is a day where the knowledge that the tornado sirens will be blaring seems an inevitability. I've hunkered in the basement with battery powered radios, Coleman lanterns and freaked out cats before.

One whole summer I knew that every storm would knock the power out. A true test of relationships is the survival of sanity with only conversation to entertain you.

From early on, I've learned to love and respect weather. It is a tremendous force of immediate change and can be gentle like a spring shower with the sun streaming through the drops of rain.

I've seen a hundred year old tree yanked out of the ground by a wind shear and seen summers where the sun baked all life out of the ground. I've stood outside with my father watching distant clouds alive with lightning and purple with violence slowly roll towards us.



The storms that are thick in the air today promises loud crashing and that eerie silence followed by the brightest, scariest lightning. It suits my mood.

The song that soundtracks me today from the first eye open this morning til late into the rainy night - Kate Bush; Symphony in Blue

Lionheart

I spent a lot of my time looking at blue,
the colour of my room and my mood,
Blue on the walls, Blue out of my mouth,
The sort of blue between clouds when the sun comes
out,
The sort of blue in those eyes you get hung up about.

When that feeling of meaninglessness, sets in,
Go blowing my mind on God.
The light in the dark with the neon arms,
The meek He seeks, the beast He calms,
The head of the good soul Department.

Chorus:
I see myself suddenly on the piano,

As a melody.
My terrible fear of dying, no longer
Plays with me.
For now I know that I'm needed
For the symphony.

I associate love with Red,
The colour of my heart when she's dead,
Red in my mind when the jealousy flies,
Red in my eyes from the emotional ties.
Manipulation, the danger signs.

The more I think about sex,
The better it gets,
Here we have a purpose in life.
Good for the blood circulation,
Good for releasing the tension,
The root of our reincarnations.

2 comments:

Stuart MacBride said...

Not meaning to boast, but we’ve been in a ‘Sensual World’ kinda mood today ;}#

Jen Jordan said...

You just had to trump my Bush experience! Damn you, MacBride! Damn you!!!!!!!