2004-11-12

Fat Bottomed 'Girls'

The junior's floor of Macy's New York may never be the same. Why? The, eh hrmm... well, the J.Lo butt form.



But, why the trend towards big booty?

"It is a serious sociological trend that is positive for retailers and customers in that the tyranny of the undernourished perfect model is over," said Rich Rollison of Lifestyle Forms and Display, which designed the pants form mannequin.

Other companies also are developing more realistic mannequins with larger posteriors in maternity and plus sizes.

U.S. label Lane Bryant, which caters to plus sizes 14 to 28, is launching a more voluptuous full-body mannequin across its 250 stores after a successful test run in New York.

"It originated from urban ethnic street wear, but it has transcended that," Rollison said. "Now you are going to see it projected in more urban markets and it will get bigger." my emphasis... hee hee.

You heard it here first, people. They're big, they're proud, they're made of plaster and resin.

8 comments:

Mystery Dawg said...

How funny. Somehow the Queen song Fat Bottom Girls is now playing in my head. As for the other half of the family, my wife would find this to be offensive.

Jen Jordan said...

She doesn't like Queen?

Anonymous said...

Of all the asses in all the world, why J-Lo's? Why not Kathy Bates or Barbara Streisand or Angela Lansbury...hell even Miss Piggy's ass would be better.

Jen Jordan said...

Bryon - um, I can't speak for everyone, but when I go shopping, I DON'T want to see girl duds displayed on ANY of the asses you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

I like J-Lo's rear view.

Because sometimes......

I like bigg butts and I can't deny......


Of course other times not so much.

Jon, confused

Anonymous said...

Jen--I refuse to believe I'm the only one in America with a Muppet fetish. It's inconceivable.

Jen Jordan said...

So, Kathy Bates, Barbara Steisand and Angela Lansbury are muppets? Yep.

Folks, it looks like the Bry-sters missed his meds again! Stop holding them under your tongue and spitting them out when the nurse walks away.

Anonymous said...

The Muppets keep taking my medicine dammit. Vurndee Smurgen stickdevu here du.