2007-02-25

One Thing Leads to Another

It began with the Bottle Gang's list of Hollywood's Greatest Drinkers. In this list they deify the wonderful Dean Martin whom I adore. Having watched a a plethora of The Dean Martin Show, and one show in particular in which he's singing some song with the omnipresent lit cigarette going when the cherry of the smoke lands in his lap. He doesn't stop singing for a second, just sticks the cigarette in his mouth, stands and sweeps the glowing ash away with a gleam in his eyes the entire time.

The comments on this list lead me to an article in Modern Drunkard Magazine about über boozer, Andre the Giant, entitled The Greatest Drunk on Earth.

It then occurred to me that I hadn't found my mullet for Monday. I quick scan of the news led me to it and to a story about the discovery of a tomb believed to have been that of Jesus and his family. This led me to a blog post from decision of the Day which describes how police no longer need a warrant to enter a house if that house has a meth lab. Fascinating stuff.

Deep into a rant from that read, I skipped over to Metafilter to find yet more lists! Joy!

The first - The 50 Craziest Rock Stars!

The second - The 50 Most awesomely Dead Rock Stars. Generally any use of the word 'awesomely' is Jen repellent but I succumb to the love of the list.

All of this digging around online occurred after a weekend of digging my truck out from where is was stuck in the middle of the driveway after an escape attempt. Cabin fever thwarted by Mother Nature. Although not as deeply in it as the car below, I was quite stuck. At least I was able to enjoy the vision of determined squirrels attempting to cross the snow. It went kind of like this LEAP - disappear in deep snowy crevice - LEAP - disappear once again in deep snowy crevice -repeat until the pile of peanuts the kindly lady with the stuck truck put out.


But I didn't want to leave this post with such a dreary photo, so here: What has passed from the Plains to the Coast: A Stubborn Cold Wedge.

UPDATE: Is James Cameron full of shit?!?!?!?

3 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Jennifer, like thanks so much for a wonderful Dinopost....love the Dinopix as Dinowell. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool. Oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth. BTW, thanks for the links, gotta check out the Dinoglorification!!!!!

Anonymous said...

At least the east coast has not been beset by a Stubborn Cold Wedgie.

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for "awesome" lists, but that Blender magazine doesn't know jack shit about rock.

No GG Allin on the "craziest" list? No Trey Azagthoth?

"Hottest women in rock," and no Karyn Crisis? No Skin (Skunk Anansie? No Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)? Fah, I say. FAH!