2008-02-05

Ripped From the Headlines

Shop pulls Lolita bed for young girls.

"What seems to have happened is the staff who run the website had never heard of Lolita, and to be honest no one else here had either," a spokesman told British newspapers.

"We had to look it up on (online encyclopedia) Wikipedia. But we certainly know who she is now."


Middle school issues ban on intentional flatulence.

"It started out as a funny joke and eventually turned into a game. This is the first rule at CRMS that prevents the use of natural bodily functions. The penalty for intentional farting is a detention, so keep it to yourself!"


'Body Worlds' Entrepreneur to Sell Corpse Cross-Sections.

A cross-section down the length of the body will cost €12,000 ($17,800), while a cross-section across the body will be priced at €250, or €1,600 for a 16-slice set. A typical corpse can produce eight vertical cross-sections or 230 horizontal cross-sections.


How my twins saved my life by kicking loose a tumour while still in my womb.

"I couldn't believe it when the doctors told me that the babies had dislodged the tumour," she said.

"I'd felt them kicking, but I didn't realise just how important their kicking would turn out to be.

No comments: