2007-11-15

Ashes to Mickey

Where do we go after we die?

I mean, physically?

Some of us go to Disney World, destined to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean for eternity.

For Disney Land fans, the Haunted Mansion is much more popular.

It is said that scattering ashes at sea or from an airplane or off a cliff side can result in the remains being blown into ones face. And that the practice is illegal in many non-Asian countries if one plains on scattering them on land. In the United States, obtain permission from a park ranger but they kindly ask that you take the vessel with you. Or you may chose to convert your loved ones ashes into a painting. Or jewelry. Or an ornamental globe.

There are people who can do this for you, if you can't make the trip.

It takes a special person to work with the dead. People like this.

2 comments:

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

I'm leaving my body to science, but those glass globes are making me reconsider -- those are really cool, and I love the idea of it.

Though it disturbs me that the manufacturer offers them at discount, and I'm also a little alarmed about the whole category of "cremation art" (http://www.prestigememorials.com/cremation-art.php)

Jen Jordan said...

What I thought was truly odd was the companies return policy. Do you have to have a gift receipt?