2006-08-21

August 22nd

For those not aware, this day has been decreed by some to be the end of the world. As we know it, altogether, for a while, etc.

This day, one of many doomsdays predicted on the interweb, is based on the holy Islamic day of reckoning for Shiites with some sects going as far as construing August 22 to the end of the world. At the very least, it is a day for commemoration of the return of the 12th imam, a day of reckoning for Shiites.

coincidently, Iran announced that it will continue to develop its nuclear program. Ahmadinejad has said to Iranians and the world that he will respond to the U.N.'s polite suggestion that he stop.

There's more. Want to read about it? Go here.

Want to protect yourself? Go here!

I will take this day to tell people how much I love them, reflect on how glad I am to be alive with all my limbs and faculties with a roof over my head and food in my belly. I will listen to music, spend time in the sun and studiously avoid the news.

Go forth and hug a stranger, lick your friends and brush your teeth!

1 comment:

hangarwest said...

Hey! It's the 28th and I am still here!