2006-08-31

A Philosophical Posting

I've been ruminating quite a bit lately. On life, death, the meaning of it all, la de freaking da.

It occurred to me, after much wasted time in a quiet room, meditating on the subject, that surely the internet could answer these questions for me and I could get on with important things like flying a kite, studying cow formations, standing in front of the fridge for hours then running around the yard, covered in blue paint with a stick in my hand screaming at squirrels.

To determine just which way I think seemed the best way to jump start the investigation into my self.

Thusly, the taking of the "What is Your World View?" quiz:

You scored as Idealist. Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Idealist


63%

Materialist


56%

Cultural Creative


50%

Existentialist


50%

Romanticist


44%

Postmodernist


44%

Modernist


25%

Fundamentalist


19%

What is Your World View?
created with QuizFarm.com

Well, how nice for me and the rest of the world. And what a lovely graphic!

Now, how to apply this idealistic nature. Thereupon I took the "Which Religion is the Right One for You?" test:

You scored as Paganism. Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

Paganism


67%

Buddhism


58%

Islam


54%

Judaism


46%

Hinduism


46%

agnosticism


38%

Christianity


29%

Satanism


25%

atheism


21%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

Hee hee. This actually caught me by surprise but made ultimate sense. Rather explains the running around the yard thingy.

I added a study that a science guy did on much of the stuff of nightmares we see in the movies. He dares to say that the bad guys are a bunch of bunk.

After all of this, I felt dizzy and saddened that the sun had gone down, thus putting off the screaming stick carrying bit until tomorrow. But, gosh, I feel like a better, more well-rounded, cyber-informed pagan person, so not a bad days work, huh?

6 comments:

Michael said...

Hmm...I scored as a postmodernist and an atheist, which is about right. Amusingly, I was also 88% satanist.

Russel said...

Existentialist and agnostic.

They got me figured to pretty much a tee.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I am, apparently, a postmodernist atheist. No wonder the other rednecks make fun of me.

Anonymous said...

I am 96% satanism 94% Idealism. with 83% Buddism coming in a close second. I believe we all need to take responsiblity for our own actions and that is the base of satanism. Kind of freaked me out though.

David Terrenoire said...

Existentialist. Huh. I thought this was a college affectation.

They scored me an Atheist, but that was tied with Islam(!?) and agnostic with Buddhist coming in a close 2nd after the three-way tie.

So, apparently, I might be vaguely religious, but I don't give a fuck.

Anonymous said...

J-bot,

Here's where I came in--

You scored as Cultural Creative.



Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.