2006-08-15

Everyone I know has a big "But..." C'mon, Simone, let's talk about *your* big "But".

Happiness is:

Pee Wee's Playhouse
every night on adult swim! I was briefly flummoxed and mildly upset when they shifted the time slot yet my well honed mind and keen detective skills discovered the time slot change and lo! The joy that is the Playhouse was mine once again.

All who have spent any modicum of time in my presence, and I apologize to all of you, know that an oft repeated moment in my media repeating mental record spinner plays scenes from Pee Wee's Big Adventure with vicious abandon. Oh, the wonder that is my mind.

And Paul Reubens isn't done yet! There will be two more Pee Wee movies geared more toward slightly wacked adults such as myself.

It is widely believed that Reubens' 1991 arrest killed Pee-wee forever, but Reubens is not done with him. He has two Pee-wee scripts finished: One is a revised version of an unproduced screenplay he wrote with Panter, a "Playhouse" adventure featuring the usual suspects. The other is "dark," a "Valley of the Dolls" story that seems from reports to obliquely refer to some of his own personal trials.

"I never said it was over or I didn't want to do it anymore," Reubens said about the possibility of putting on the suit and bow tie again. "That's something that's been said by other people."


And just remember, there's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand.

No comments: