2007-07-06

A Birthing Cornucopia

Today is an odd day for births. A true mixed bag.

The Dalai Lama was born:

Question: Do you remember your birth or the womb state before?

Answer: At this moment, I don’t remember. Also, I can’t recall if at that time when I was a small child, I could remember it. However, there was one slight external sign perhaps. Children are usually born with their eyes closed. I was born with my eyes open. This may be some slight indication of a clear state of mind in the womb.

Question: Between the ages of sixteen and eighteen, after you assumed temporal power, did you change?

Answer: Yes, I changed…a little bit.?I underwent a lot of happiness and pain. Within that and from growing, gaining more experience, from the problems that arose and the suffering, I changed. The ultimate result is the man you see now (laughter).

George W. Bush was born:

"This process has been drug out a long time, which says to me it's political." --George W. Bush, discussing the controversy surrounding Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 11, 2007

"These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved." --George W. Bush, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 11, 2007

"There's a lot of blowhards in the political process, you know, a lot of hot-air artists, people who have got something fancy to say." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007

"My relationship with this good man is where I've been focused, and that's where my concentration is. And I don't regret any other aspect of it. And so I -- we filled a lot of space together." --George W. Bush, on British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2007

And 100 years ago, Frida Kahlo was born:
And Sly Stallone:

“When I was in junior high school, the teachers voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair.”

“I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.”

“Real love is when you become selfless and you are more concerned about your mate's or children's egos than your own. You're now a giver instead of a taker.”

“Rambo isn't violent. I see Rambo as a philanthropist.”

Oh, and Bill Haley:

See you later alligator,
After 'while, crocodile.
See you later alligator,
After 'while, crocodile.
Can't you see you're in my way now?
Don't you know you cramp my style?

3 comments:

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

George W. Bush and the Dalai Lama share a birthday? If I weren't already skeptical about astrology, that would be enough to do it.

Jim Winter said...

George Bush doesn't discuss birthing because, dude, that involves a woman baring her vagina to a room full of strangers.

And that's just wrong.

It encourages gay marriage, which means, of course, the terrorists win.

Is it 2009 yet?

Steve Allan said...

And I missed it by a day.

The image of Barbara Bush baring her vagina is very very disturbing.