2005-08-23

My name is Chris, and I'm a writing junkie.

The newly launched Erotic Authors Assoication has birthed a column by M. Christian, writer of erotica and science fiction. He explains the whys of the column below:

"Why?

I get a lot of questions, being a writer, especially an “erotica” writer: where do you get your ideas? Are you really (gay/straight/bisexual--fill in the blank); do you have a lot of sex, how do you “research” a story, and so many more. But the main question I get is that one word: “Why?”

After getting this question a few too many times I took a moment to look down deep into myself and come up with an answer. That answer is my own essay, “Junkie,” which appears below. But knowing my answer doesn’t mean THE question has been answered: what about my friends, other erotica writers? Why do they write what they write? How has their sex writing affected their lives, their sexuality? How did they get started? Where do they want to go with their writing? -- those questions and many more."

His first true entry for the column entitled 'Junkie' has whys that apply to all writers. Writing is an addiction and Chris has it bad.

His book, the Burning Pen, goes in depth into the world of writers who write about sex. And there are a lot of us.

No comments: