2006-06-26

The Teeming Thousands

Roger Dier: rat hoarder.

Quothe Nancee Tavares, Petaluma Animal Services manager man, "Not many people like rats," said. "They have a bad rap."

Dier's landlord, Saverio DiTomaso, stumbled upon the vigorous vermin a few weeks ago after the keen and sharp smell of urine and small, furry things scampering about clued him in what about inside: hundreds of rats in cages, around the house, jumping in and about his bed, flurrying about the floors and burrowing below the basement, leaving their residential rat holes in the soil outside. Hmmmm........... what a living blanket of love!

1 comment:

Fence said...

erch, I'm twitchg reading this. I've no problem with one rat. or even two, but your description of the hundreds, flurrying (makes me think of McFlurry ice-cream in a very different way) is making me wish I'd never read this post ;)