2006-10-09

Can't Buy Me Love

This here is the biggest diamond (a third bigger than a golf ball) found in 13 years. Yep, it's got a name - "Lesotho Promise." But sadly for all you crazy kids trying to find a gift for your girl on Sweetest Day (Oct 16 - a Hallmark holiday, fer sure) it sold Monday at auction for more than $12 million. Once chopped (one will be a just too precious heart shape) and sawed and polished it'll be worth more like an excess of $20 million.

Now, let me tell you what I think of the diamond industry and it's largely illicit trading. Well, just check out Amnesty International and this cozy little list of 10 reasons girls shouldn't except a diamond engagement ring.*

And no, I wouldn't accept an engagement ring. I'm not that kind of girl. I'm not for sale, dude!

Besides, I'd rather get a tattoo. Now that's a commitment!




*even a humongous heart shaped monstrosity.

4 comments:

David Terrenoire said...

Jen,

If I wasn't already married and you hadn't taken out that restraining order, I'd propose.

Anonymous said...

Tattos are the kiss of death chick

Jen Jordan said...

OK! So, tattoos are out.

hangarwest said...

Diamonds and money can't buy you love! and as regarding the 16th of October,HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!