2005-07-12

Gee, thanks so much Ray-man


(1) Imagine it's 2015. You are visiting the library at a major research university. You go over to a computer terminal (or whatever it is they use in 2015) that gives you immediate access to any book or journal article on any topic you want. What do you look up? In other words, what do you hope somebody will have written in the meantime?

We've discovered a fuel source that does not rely on fossil fuels, there is a cure for AIDS, bosomy bottle blondes are no longer celebrities by merely existing, all of humanity has begun to read voraciously and art, all art, is still not against some freakish new law.


(2) What is the strangest thing you've ever heard or seen at a conference? No names, please. Refer to "Professor X"” or "Ms. Y" if you must. Double credit if you were directly affected. Triple if you then said or did something equally weird.

Hearing after, "Why didn't you stop me? Why did you let me leave with her?" ended up being pretty damn funny. Strange? Five days backed into large rooms, restaurants and bars with weirdos from all over the world provides far too much unmentionable fodder for this question to be addressed on any online forum. Really.

3) Name a writer, scholar, or otherwise worthy person you admire so much that meeting him or her would probably reduce you to awestruck silence.

Patti Smith. I'd probably cry. Forget to breathe. Maybe pass out.

(4) What are two or three blogs or other Web sites you often read that don‚’t seem to be on many people's radar?

Like Ray, I would direct people to the delightfully irreverent Carp's site, the snotty celeb bashing art chick site, Gallery of the Absurd, the Anomalist, and my latest snarky pleasure - Pretty Cunning.

I tag no one.

I don't play games.

I am a serious artist.

I have not time for silliness.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh, I'm a snarky pleasure. Where did I put my instructions for the Dance of Joy....

:)

Jen Jordan said...

Ah, now your image has morphed into that of Pee Wee Herman as he sits bewigged next to the prison escapee in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

When you see the biker dudes, tell 'em Large Marge sent you. A-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

God, I need to stop drinking so much coffee...

Just Somebody said...

Thanking you !

Ray Banks said...

Dammit, I forgot Gallery Of The Absurd.