2005-07-14

Last Night

I kind of took Stuart's advice.

Except I changed the recipe a touch.

Beer - beer - beer.

Strangely, I was feeling quite good, so...

...I went for a ride.

My brother Paul brought over this cool scooter.

"Watch out," he said. "The breaks don't work very well."

I agree.

After boarding the scooter, failing to adjust for the shortness
of my legs compared to his,
I took off.

Fast.

Too fast.

I hit the breaks.

The breaks didn't work.

When the breaks failed, my sleep deprived brain
couldn't seem to come up with
an alternative to
slamming into the side of
his truck.

The truck is fine.

So is the scooter.

My leg is funny colors
and seems to have increased in size.


“See the happy moron, He doesn't give a damn.
I wish I were a moron--My God, perhaps I am!”
- Anonymous

5 comments:

Just Somebody said...

I almost feel like I was there.

Sidestepping you as you whizz by, of course.........

Stuart MacBride said...

Hmm, don't recall advocating the operation of motor vehicles or heavy machinery after the consumption of mucho alcohol...

Naughty!

Mind you, I suppose it's one way of making sure you go to sleep, with a reduced risk of ever waking up again.

Then where would we go for our daily dose of weird?

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

HA hahahahahahaaaaaa

I wish I could have seen Paul's face when you hit his truck!

Anonymous said...

Paul laughed harder than all of us.

Jen Jordan said...

I did sleep last night!

But if I'm compelled to drink and crash into a parked vehicle in order to accomplish this every night, I'm doomed.