2005-07-20

The Globe Theatre in London will soon become the first professional theater company in centuries to stage an entire run of a Shakespeare play in the original pronunciation. A link from NPR lets you listen to Robert Siegel talking with actor Peter Forbes, who is playing the role of Pandarus in the production.

My sister and I have a long standing love of Shakespeare that led us to have round robins at our house whilst we drank prodigious amounts of herbal tea and burned incense. I've seen good productions and bad productions but never a great production - let alone one that attempts the original pronunciation. I envy anyone that takes that in.

1 comment:

The Fool said...

It's about time. I haven't been able to understand these things since 1787 or so. Master will take me and his woman the fortnight next and I'll even be permitted to bring my shaker! Ohhhh, life is good.