2005-07-11

On the verge


In East Chicago, Indiana a police chief called an emergency meeting yesterday. Something had to be done in the interest of public safety!

There were blocked cars and visitors congregating around a street lamp until five a.m. Several arrests were made Friday night after a large fight broke. This was no party. No bored teenagers or underage drinkers. No prostitutes or drug dealers

People of the small town have been congregating since Wednesday night when a woman first claimed to see the image of Jesus on the side of a tree visible at night when a streetlight near the tree is on.

This led me to my own search for images of Jesus and I was quite successful. The overtly profane were tedious. The secular I saw plenty of in my second year of art history. The results below are presented as the weirdest, the funniest and the oddest.

Jesus on a fish Stick.


The Jesus Monster Truck.

Jesus balloon sculpture.

The Catholic Shopper crept up and tickled my funny bone. This caught me by surprise. Pleasant surprise.


If you've spent your time worrying how to stay in shape, worry no longer.

Walk on cobblestones.

Someone has finally done an in depth study concerning the secrets of good didgeridoo playing. If you want to hear the players advice, click this. Playing the didge is better than beer and caffeine.


And I wasn't aware until now but apparently there are rules about men hugging. Strangely, no such rules exist for women.

No comments: