2005-10-11

"I'd get up, but I'm old."

"I never thought it was my destiny to be a writer. It just turned out it was the only way I could make a living," he says. "It was lucky that way, because I have survivor's syndrome, for a number of reasons. Obviously because of the firebombing of Dresden, but also all the really wonderful writers who've crashed and burned.

"I feel like a certain kind of horse's ass, like somebody born rich. I don't deserve it, and those who crashed and burned didn't deserve it, either. So I'm the asshole who broke the bank at Monte Carlo."

- from an interview with Simon Houpt of the Globe

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know
what can be done to fix it. Only nut cases want to be president."

-Kurt Vonnegut, Attribution

No comments: