2005-10-30

Madonneration

"I want to direct," she announces.
"We're all in a cult," Madonna says.
"In this cult we're not encouraged to ask questions.
And if we do ask questions,
we aren't going to get a straight answer.
The world's in the cult of celebrity.
That's the irony of it."






















"I'm posing the question to everybody: How far are you willing to go?" she says of our collective lust for recognition.



"I'm allowed to be contradictory," she giggles. "

And I'm a paradox,
you know?"

I always thought I should be treated like a star.


"I'm allowed to be contradictory," she giggles. "And I'm a paradox, you know?"

"I don't have many women friends.
It's because I haven't found many who are worldly wise and intelligent.
Then again, I just seem to get on better with boys..."

"I act out of instinct, just like an animal. Suddenly I couldn't stand all that hair of mine and all those baubles any more. That image had to be cleaned thoroughly.
My new look is innocent, straightforward and feminine. I feel perfectly at home in this new skin."
"I'm just like a cockroach. You can't get rid of me."

"It's that old cliché," Madonna explains, "when the world gets you down, you need to be lifted up. Look at the state of the world. People need to be inspired and happy.





"I find it very strange that it's so disturbing to people," she continues.

No comments: