2005-04-03

Babbling Fool

Or,

It must be Spring, part duh.

Why? Because I watched a really, truly horrible movie because of this:



I am not generally inclined towards celebrity
induced hormonal surges. In fact, in other guises, Hugh Jackman does nothing for me:



But it is Spring, and like the doves, my body is driven towards procreation. Unlike the doves, I don't express this by cooing, puffing out my chest and tilting my neck in a sexy manner.

April comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers. - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Of course, Edna also said:

A person who publishes a book willfully appears before the populace with his pants down. If it is a good book nothing can hurt him. If it is a bad book nothing can help him.

And, one of my favorites when I'm feeling jaded, which is a good deal of the time but not today:

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.
For now, I am a happy fool, enjoying the sun on my back as I dig in the dirt.

With joy, I bring you advice: How not to get hit by cars.

Stay safe, people!

No comments: