2005-03-21

Powder Monkey

What are the worst jobs in history? And what are you qualified for? Take this icky test and find out!

I, my dear droogs, am more than qualified to be a powder monkey!

Here's me, dashed handsome in my monkey gear! Note the sexy ascot and sun bleached hair.



"Can you keep calm in a crisis? Women and children are needed to help win the maritime war against Napoleon Bonaparte. Nerves of steel and a good level of concentration are required by those who will supply the brave gun crews aboard our naval ships with gunpowder in the heat of battle.


You need a good pair of legs to shoot down to the copper-lined magazine where you will fill your powder keg, before charging back up the stairs and through the ship, stepping over dead bodies and slipping in blood, to bring your keg to the gunner. But if you're a woman, don't expect to get a naval service medal when all the fighting is over –you'll be refused!"


Sure, sure. Good enough to slip in blood and bring my keg to the gunner. But do I get more than a grunt of appreciation and a slap on the my roped up skivvies? Nnnnnnoooooooo........

No comments: