2005-03-14

Scented Balls the new Rage in Milwaukee!

No, no one is spraying room fresheners down their pants or lighting incense sticks in their whitey tighties.

We're talking scented bowling balls, sillies!

Four-time Professional Bowlers Association champ Ryan Shafer says he may have won a match because an opponent was distracted by his black licorice-scented ball.

At Storm Products, bowlers can choose from chocolate, cinnamon, orange, lemonade, banana and cherry, among others delightful scents.

Neil Stremmel, research director for the United States Bowling Congress, said most bowlers don'’t use their balls for scent or color, but for performance.

"But, “I like the smell of my grape ball,"” he said.

On the product site, there is a guide to keeping your balls clean and a MatchMaker that sets buyers up with the balls perfect for their needs. Want clear balls? This is the place!

My favorite? The Atomic Charge, in cranberry!

3 comments:

Wayne Smallman said...

I can well image any quote by Ryan Shafer would have to be worded very carefully: "Yes, I really do believe that after playing for a straight two hours, the smell of my balls became a real distraction to my opponents."

Jim said...

Imagine how smell-tastic my book, By the Balls, would have been if we had this technology back then! Actually, now that I think about it, this is old news: my bowling ball has smelled like gin for years.

Jen Jordan said...

Ah, Jim! A genius of self-pimping and a delightful human being.