2006-03-28

A Sinner Repaints

Spring has not sprung but it's got a damn nice pre-show.

The next three days are expected to reach almost 50 degrees here in the outskirts of Milwaukee. I can't even begin to express my joy.

So, what will I do?

Frolic in the mud and budding trees singing songs as birds and squirrels turn to each other with amorous eyes?

No.

The temptation to frolic is there, but I have an agenda.

Those that know me well would now think I will be outside with my hands in the dirt putting in bulbs and yanking weeds.

I shan't be.

There is a higher calling.

I will be painting the house.

Wednesday, scraping and sanding.
Thursday, priming until everything is glowing white (well, not everything. I'll leave the chipmunk and the brassy voiced blue jays alone).
Friday, the house will begin it's transformation into freshly painted bliss!

What joy!

What unrestrained satisfaction I will have!

Paint! Glorious paint!

No comments: