2004-11-30

I... I... really love you..(hic)... guys!

CANBERRA (Reuters) - An Australian phone company is offering customers the chance to blacklist numbers before heading out for a night on the town so they can reduce the risk of making any embarrassing, incoherent late-night calls.

A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 percent made drunk calls.

Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses.

The company also found that 55 percent of those polled would grab for their phone first the next morning to check who they had drunkenly dialed, compared with just eight percent who went for the headache pills first.

2 comments:

John Rickards said...

You know, that's one thing I've never done.

Well, I've called people when drunk, but I've called them deliberately for sober reasons (usually while desperately trying to hide the fact that I'm smashed out of my tree and can barely stand).

About the worst such blunder I've achieved was to sit on my phone, inadvertantly dial my sister and proceed to leave a 15-minute voicemail recording of the background noise of the pub I was in...

Jen Jordan said...

You are the savvy cell user, aren't you?

I dearly hope my beloved brother Jon will share a few of his drunken phone escapades with us. He was quite the loquacious one when polluted.