2005-02-21

Human Tape Recorders

That's what two year-olds are...

My friends have a talented kid with a penchant for mimicry. It's going to be a big day and a nap was in order for the almost tireless tyke. He did not agree.

Standing at the gate of his room, he conversed with the cats as they walked by and let the world at large know what he thinks and feels. In the other room, both parents listen to his diatribe, mommy giggling into the phone with me. Daddy is amused and frustrated.

"Dammit, Conor," he mutters.

"Dammit! Dammit, Conor! Dammit!"

Mommy and I are now laughing are asses off.

"Dammit! Dammit, Bono! Dammit, Norma! God!"

There are now guffaws. I'm practically in tears.

"Oh, no! Dammit!"

Daddy checks and echoes the statement.

"Oh, no."

Conor has begun tossing things all over his room. He's happy to have the company that dammits and stuff tossing have brought him. I'm happy to have fodder for this blog.

No comments: