2005-02-07

Jen Jealous

Vic Gischler got to interview Christopher Moore. Here are a few highlights:


2. What's your relationship with your editor/publisher? Do they ever say "This is just too damn goofy" when you turn in a novel or synopsis?

CM: No, on the contrary, they usually ask, "Will it be funny." The problem is, comedy doesn't translate into outline or synopsis form very well. In fact, I've
never seen a funny outline. I have to remind them of this, and then I'll quickly synopsize one of my previous novels, and say, "See, that doesn't sound funny either, but it is."

3. Each year, thousands of people are maimed by seemingly harmless and deceptively cute animals like lemurs and panda bears. Thoughts?

CM: This is nature trying to teach us a lesson. In my experience, all cute, living things are dangerous. If you need to lose blood to learn that, well, that's the price.

9. Do you have any special, useless talents? (Like burping the alphabet, etc?)

CM: I'm pretty good at knife-throwing. Really.

No comments: