2005-05-11

Every Post I Do - I Post it for You

Well, not really.

One minute to midnight, watching the end of Mythbusters (one of two television must see shows for me cuz those boys blow up a lot of stuff), the wind is not just blowing but GUSTING outside and I sit in my creaky, crappy computer chair scanning the internet so you don't have to.

The first bit 'o stuff to come to my attention was Larry Flynt on Bush's choice for the U.N. council, John Bolton. Or, more to the point, Flynt on Bolton's first wife. Yes. Ewwwwwww.

The next and most apt follow up, how to detect when someone is lying without a machine, truth serum, psychic powers or a truth smelling dog.

Next, astronomers believe they witnessed the birth of a black hole this morning.

Want to learn how to make holograms at home? Here ya go!

Oh, and Disney now owns the Muppets.

And, for a soft ending to a ridiculously long, windy, cold and achy day, the cloud gallery.

Thank you and goodnight.

5 comments:

Gerald So said...

Entry title elicits wicked Bryan Adams flashback.

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Mythbusters is one of the best shows on television, hands down the most bang for your buck.

Explosions, a lot of messes and they are really funny.

Check the discovery channel and watch!

Jen Jordan said...

And if weird posts are all that you want, then you'll find them here on my blog.

Anonymous said...

As much as I want the Muppets back, the thought of J-Lo on the Muppets makes me ill. And how can irreverence be an equity. This is a quote from some dumb ass at Disney, “Disney has deemed irreverence as one of the five core equities of the Muppets (humorous, heartwarming, puppet-inspired and topical being the other four).” People who love Muppets tend to be freaks, freaks tend to hate dumb asses like that guy that are always trying to catagorize and market everything.

Anonymous said...

Is it those bastards at Disney that made it so Cookie Monster changed from C is for cookie to singing about vegies and cookies are sometimes food? If I find out it's some Disney piggy messing with my Cookie Monster I'm going to have to kick some Disney ass.