2004-12-09

Life in the Movies

"I'm not sure how much movies should entertain. I've always been more interested in movies that scar."
-- David Fincher
"When people ask me if I went to film school I tell them 'no, I went to films.'"
-- Quentin Tarantino
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
-- Alfred Hitchcock
"So where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?"
-- Christina Aguilera
"It made me sick to watch those businessmen applaud Welles during the 1975 AFI tribute, when you know that the next day if he asked any one of them for money, they'd say, 'We'll let you know.'""
-- John Cassavettes
"Somone lying back getting a wank absolutely should be something we see in cinema."
-- Ewan McGregor
"After 'The Matrix,' I cannot wear sunglasses. As soon as I put them on, people recognise me."
-- Carrie-Anne Moss
"You know what your problem is? It's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies."
-- Steve Martin
"A poet needs a pen, a painter a brush, and a filmmaker an army."
-- Orson Welles
"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird. You actually have to think about them when you watch them."
-- Britney Spears
"The movies that are the easiest to make are the hardest to watch."
-- Bruce Campbell
"On my way here I passed a local cinema and it turned out you were expecting me after all, for the billboards read: The Mummy Returns."
-- Margaret Thatcher
"The only good thing about books is that they can be adapted into films."
-- Michael Votto
"This is fascinating! I love this picture! So I know it's going to be a bomb. It's always a disaster when you love something."
-- John Cassavettes

No comments: