2004-12-13

To Sum Up a Day...

There was a lot of news today that didn't all involve death sentences.

Former dictator Pinochet is going to stand trial for kidnapping nine dissidents and killing one of them.

There are quite a few blogging bits on the web today including The Alpha Bloggers and nominations for various blog awards can be voted on now. The Washington Post has an article on better blogging and there is a suggested Google Alphabet. Shanti Bradford wants everyone to link to her. Michael Moore has started a blog.

There is an annual meteor shower that will make an appearance this evening. I shall brave the bitter vold in order to take very bad photos. UPDATE: I went outside, suitably bundled up, and there was complete and utter cloud cover. I stood for about ten minutes, waiting to see if it would break. No. It did not. It began to snow just a wee bit as if to say, "Fie on you, you occasional astronomer!" I went inside, pouted for half a minute and got over it.

Ursula Le Guin's EARTHSEA is going to appear on SciFi and I honestly am afeared of how bad they will trash my favorite childhood series.

Star Jone's tops PETA's Worst Dressed List. A man had a 2 1-8 inch nail shot into his chest as friend handed him a nail gun.

And, a rare copy of the Scarlet Letter is up for sale.

2 comments:

Jen Jordan said...

Executive decision - I've decide to brave the cold instead.

Anonymous said...

I love the bit about the Cindy Crawford needing to be more sensative to animal feelings because of the big furry mole on her cheek