2004-12-19

One Enchanted Evening

Jon may have you believe that last night was all about dwarf farts and added features to Return of the King. But he failed to mention a rather LARGE part of the movie watching experience and something anyone lucky enough to be invited into that Jordan household encounters: spectacular hospitality.

The whole place, from floor to ceiling, is beginning to look completely like Christmas. Every nook and cranny and every room, with the exception of the office, is bedecked. And the consumate cook, Ruth, wanted to guarantee that every nook and cranny of everyone's tummies had the same treatment. The dining room table featured a spread worthy of royalty. Ruth is magically able to sate the tastes of all of the odd Jordan tastes, from furnace faces to vegan. I'm forced to admit that I growled when people approached a few plates. I was feeling a tad proprietory about a few dishes (the spinach balls!). I don't apologize for my rudeness.

Jon was actually full. In fact, he stated that he may have actually eaten too much! Can you believe it?

Dianne, Ruth and I left during the spider scene. Very girly of us, isn't it?

No comments: