2005-01-28

We are preparing to destroy you

Nine Inch Nails, which is essentially Trent Reznor, has unveiled the lineup for his 2005 tour. Guitarist Aaron North, Jeordie White, Jerome Dillon and Alessandro Cortini. I now have a new opportunity to listen to really loud music while I get my teeth kicked out. I'm really happy.



"This is a new entity that feels very fresh and vital. We are preparing to destroy you," Reznor wrote.

I'm ready to be destroyed. It's been a while.

The group will be touring in support of its first album in almost six years, "With Teeth," which will be released May 3.

Reznor said the new band is "reworking a number of older tracks that still matter to us, while focusing on the new material. This band is capable of a lot, and I trust and respect everyone's musical ability."

So far the only confirmed dates are March 30-31 at London's Astoria.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Damn...that Astoria gig is close to me. I'm sorely tempted.

Jen Jordan said...

This is a band I'd sell bood and books to see.

I haven't had my teeth chip in a good pit in so long.

Just Somebody said...

Excited about new album ? Check.

Live touring ? Check.

"Closure" on DVD ? WHEN !?

Jen Jordan said...

I'm so excited, I forgot how to spell. Again!

The last time I was in a good pit was the Chili Peppers first tour with Frusciante for Mother's Milk. No elbows in the face there. No chipped teeth. People helping each other up instead of stomping on them. It was weird.

NIN is like an energy/creativity infusion. That fact that I can be literaly scarred by the experience makes me happy.

Michael said...

Ah...pit nostalgia. So sad that the hockey shirt, cap-back-to-front kids ruined moshing. Not forever, mind. Now that we're rid of nu-metal, pit etiquette might make a stunning comeback. Me, I haven't been in a decent moshpit since 2001. That was Rancid, and it was fucking awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Most of the time, just walking the perimeter of a pit, I won't step in. It's crazy freak boys on speed and testosterone taking out their existence on everyone else.

I'm not a big person. I know enough to go in and establish space without putting an elbow in someone's face. I wear boots that can get stepped on. A lot. But I really don't want to get stitches or a broken rib.
Just about everyone in there now is all about the infliction of violence on strangers.