2005-12-26

Alive

This holiday, I was surrounded by people I love, the things that they gave me and more than enough food. So much. So very much.

The absence of my Dad ran like a shot of red in a black and white movie. Everything went on without him and yet everything was colored by missing him.

I went home with my Christmas booty. I drove through the dark night avoiding five deer crossing the road, listening to the sounds of a great horned owl as I unpacked the car and the very quietness of the house as I trundled in. Of course, it didn't stay quiet.

Life goes on. I have writing to do, massive correspondence to catch up on and many shorts to read for CrimeSpree. Music accompanies me. And, connected by glimmering silken threads, all the people I love all over the world.

Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who's got my back although I go about blissfully unaware. Thank you to everyone who forgives my cave dweller habits. Thank you, everyone.

I've got a lot to learn. Never fail to remind me of that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got plenty, J-Bot. And if you ever need a reminder, It's a Wonderful Life is as good as it gets.

At least, for me, that does the trick.

Jen Jordan said...

Not having the aversion to Jimmy Stewart my Mom does, I can watch that movie every year and enjoy it.

I wish I had half your ambition, B-man.

LiVEwiRe said...

Being grateful for your experiences, good and bad, make it much easier to keep in mind that you have alot to learn. We all do. It just sounds as if you are actually aware of it - it's rare to hear anyone say those words.

Anonymous said...

Just like what you said, life goes on. I used to sing the song "Don't they know it's the end of the world". But as I grew and learned and become aware of the many things that can still put a smile on my face,,, I know to my self that i will never ever sing that song again., or at least use it as a theme song for my life. :) God bless!