2005-12-21

When the going gets tough,

...go shopping?

...sing at the top of their lungs?

...light incense and meditate?

...play sumo trucks?

...hunt 'possum?

Well, we do a few things but shopping is damn near the top of the list.

I was in the truck with Mamasan, driving back from another round of Christmas shopping. She started singing a song to herself and it seemed familiar.

"What's that you're singing, dearest mother of mine?"

"Oh, it's a Rolling Stones song."

I did my version of the raised eyebrow which is, apparently, contorting my face in an odd manner. I asked her to sing it for me.

Here is the song that Karen sang:

"Presario! Na na na na, na na na na, presario!
Presario! Na na na na, na na na na, presario!"

I starting laughing my ass off.

"What?"

"Mom, they're singing 'Start Me Up', not 'Presario!'"

"Oh. That makes more sense."

God, I love my mommy.

3 comments:

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Mom rocks. Literally .

Verification is midfeoj. the norse god of stockings and garters.

Anonymous said...

This story is also much more fun when you get to hear Jen-4 sing it. And yes Mom is the cutest person alive

Jen Jordan said...

Weird ebbs and flows in the Jordan clan. It's flowed freely of late.

Stress.

Yep, that's what it is - stress. I lay all of this at the hugetastic Shrine of Chaos. I burn joss sticks and sing warbly anthems in Her honor.

She swats me affectionately with one of Her great ten arms and sends me off to do Her biding. I happily obey.