2004-12-02

Fall Photog Fest

I love autumn. I love the weather, I love the colors. It's the best time of year.



I don't mind winter. While I was shopping yesterday, everyone was upset by the first snowfall. Snowfall I thought was beautiful. Tonight it's in the low twenties and stepping outside, the grass is crunchy and everything is still.

I'll admit to some degree of irritation with scraping the windshield every morning and the truck doesn't car for the weather even the tiniest bit.

What I don't like, really, at all, is the constant gray gloominess that hangs in the skies for sometimes months on end. Endless sunshine is not needed nor applied for but gray, gray, relentless gray is just... unpleasant.



What I adore are those nights when the moon is near full, the sky is clear, every star is bright and the trees cast blue shadows on the snow.

I just don't like all the damn gray...

This is why, after careful thought and consideration, I think I understand the need for the massive Christmas decorating I see going on. The need for color, any color, is strong. I'm not quite to the point of scaling the roof and donning the house in 'light webs', but I crave color.

Still not sure about the animated figures though. Especially that damned singing wreath.

No comments: