2005-01-07

No If Andy's Butt


Fox has rejected an ad for the Super Bowl offering a rare view of another celeb: Mickey Rooney's backside.

In the spot for Airborne, a natural cold remedy, the 84-year-old star is in a sauna when someone behind him coughs. He overreacts, jumps up, screams and heads for the door. In his rush, his towel drops, baring his buns for about two seconds.

Rider McDowell, co-owner of Airborne, says it's not exactly titillating stuff. "There's nothing sexual about the ad," McDowell says. "It's tantamount to showing a baby's bottom."

Rooney, who was planning a Super Bowl party, says in a statement he's angry. He wanted to be the butt of this joke: "What we're selling here is something I really believe in, which is an awareness of the germs we're all exposed to. There's nothing sensual about the brief exposure of my backside, and it's not gratuitous. ... It's a fun spot, and the public deserves to see it."

Um... I'm kinda glad I don't have to see it.

1 comment:

Jen Jordan said...

And you have to admit, Andy Rooney's butt would be a quite flabular faux pas as well!

I should really proof my posts better. Damn AADS.