2005-01-02

What do you wanna do with your life?

Yes, yes, of course I wanna rock. But there are a few things higher up on the list. Practice yoga on a more consistent basis. Eat less crap. Stop drinking. Finish my book. Appreciate my people more. Fall in love. Travel. Submit, submit, submit. The last has nothing to do with S&M, for all you dominant blog readers. I'd be much more likely to hold the whip, in any case.

There is a huge difference between just writing and being read. I've written enough to fill a hard drive and have unread writing harkening back to floppy disk (not so far back that the floppies are actually floppy). Must let go. Must breath. Freedom beckons after the send button is clicked. Be free, be free...

I've lived by a simple rule of doing what I fear and doing that before the easy things. So, submit I must.

Next, the dishes.

And there is a website dedicated to what people want to do next.

Everything from potty training a child (luck to you on that one), learning how to remember people's names and falling in love to shaking hands with Nick Cave
(watch out, he can be a bit moody), get over a fear of flying and go to Burning Man .
Unless it involves stalking me, make your dreams happen, people. Use the power of fear to make it happen, if need be. If your people really love you, they may disagree, they may not understand, but they'll support you nonetheless. If not, we'll band together and form a conglomerate that will make their lives a living hell as success upon success is heaped upon you while they wallow in 'I-was-wrongness'. Then, you can forgive them as they cleave to you, weeping at your feet.

That's my plan. Care to join me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If stalking you is out, how about "admiring from across the street...with binoculars and rope"?

--Neil Sm--uh, I mean, Fred. Yeah. Fred Jetson Flintstone III.

Jen Jordan said...

Well, Fred, I think that may well work out for you. The people across the street are never home. It's always pitch black over there and the only coming and going is after midnight. Sounds like the perfect set-up for a stalker.

Whoa.

Where exactly do you live, Fred?

Anonymous said...

Too far away, unfortunately. *Sigh*...

--FJF3

Anonymous said...

Dammit, how did I get beat on the stalking Jennifer line. That's my fucking territory, she's mine Flintstone, stay away!! And about this conglomorate, can we use it against my mom?

Jen Jordan said...

I see that Hug Noir has definite possibilities.

This doesn't solve my problem of who's 'living' across the street.

Anonymous said...

Jesus, Bryon, take some goddamn vitamins...

Jen Jordan said...

Flintstone vitmins?

You boys are kinky...