2004-12-01

Liturgical Retreat Blooper

I found this on LAMLand:

I think, hands down, the best story was Fr. D. talking about his sister. Perhaps it wasn't the content so much as the way he tells it; he should have been a stand-up comedian. Timing and delivery were perfect. Then again, he probably tells it at all the family Christmasses and anytime he feels like making fun of Sis. Anyway, she decided to become a Eucharistic Minister. She was trained and got up on her first Sunday to serve. The celebrant handed her the paten full of hosts and, unfortunately, they both thought the other one had it. To quote Fr. D., "And down went Jesus." Then they both bent over simultaneously "to get Jesus", and smashed heads. Not realizing that her head was right at the level of Father's portable microphone, she enunciated clearly into the mic, "Oh, shit!" Realizing in horror that it reverbed throughout the church, she very graciously got up, walked off the altar and right out of the church and never, ever served again. I thought I was going to wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug :)