2004-12-01

Optimists Extinct?

I've taken a sick, sophmoric glee in reporting this story. I could make political, social or spiritual statements at this point, but my inner child says, simply, "Tee hee!"

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - So much for American optimism.

The Optimist Club of Quakertown, Pennsylvania, is disbanding after 24 years, citing lack of interest.

Membership in the club, part of an international community service organization that runs sporting and scholastic activities for children, has dwindled to 11 as members have died and retired, acting President Bernard Kensky said.

No one has stepped forward to replace them.

But I'm starting a Jaded Yet Jovial Club if anyone is interested...

1 comment:

John Rickards said...

I'd join, but, y'know... after all the parties and stuff, sure they're fun, but they're so tiring and all so samey these days...

;-)