2004-12-01

Variety... Spice... Life

The dollar has reached a new low against the euro - but this happens every week.

China is further restricting internet searches by blocking Google. This will no doubt get worse and is par for the course in a society that needs to keep it's people in a state of ignorance to keep them from full revolt. Hhmmm....

The Google Zeitgeist patterns are available. It doesn't bode well for rampant intellectuals.

Review of Jonathan Lethem's MEN & CARTOONS at Bookreporter. These stories are short and to the point allegories of loss and loneliness wrapped up in humor and wit.

Tom Brokaw signed off. Um, I didn't watch.

The Guardian has awarded Armand Marie Leroi with the Guardian First Book Award for his book Mutants: On Genetic Variety and the Human Body. He tells Oliver Burkeman why 'he is so fascinated by the subject.' It is a beautifully written book and endlessly thought-provoking.

Tis the Season. That's what I'm told. I can do the Happy New Year without effort, but what is this Merry part of Christmas? I went on an image hunt to see what cyber space can see...


Well, none of us can be surprised by this image. He looks rather wistful and somewhat constipated. If I am to be Merry, perhaps some existentialist eggnog would do the trick?

This would be exceeding difficult to emulate. I can do the pantyhose over full briefs set off by the duct tape. I might even be able to do the blonde hair. But I don't think my facial muscles are able to contort into that degree of coy comehitherness.



I'm as confused as you are...

2 comments:

John Rickards said...

Once again, Google's rankings do not have me appearing in either the top 5 male celebrities, or in the top 10 UK searches.

This is a calculated campaign against me, I tell you! This travesty will not stand!!

Jen Jordan said...

It seems rather upright from where I am...