2005-01-04

Grade your Caffeine I.Q.

National Geographic has dedicated it's January issue to a subject close to many of us. The beauty, the wonder, the splendor of our caffeine. Drink it, eat it, long as I can have it, caffeine.

If you think you know this best pal, think again.


And, as T.R. Reid, the author of the piece says,
"Slurped in black coffee or sipped in green tea, gulped down in a soda or knocked back in a headache pill, caffeine is the world's most popular psychoactive drug." I am not in a position to argue.

There is forum dedicated to methods of brewing the perfect pot of coffee and links that explain
how Coffee/Caffeine works to the impact of caffeine on health.

3 comments:

John Schramm said...

An interesting thing happened today. A drank my first Pepsi in almost three weeks. I don't drink coffee, so Pepsi was my only caffeine soruce.

I'm wired! More of a jump start than my usual morning can would do. But I have been away for a while...

Scary. Reminds me of my speed days.

Jen Jordan said...

John, is there something you need to share with the group?

Being addicted to Keanu Reeves movies is not an uncommon ailment...

John Schramm said...

SPEED was good (Sandra Bullock, oh yes!), but I liked POINT BREAK much better. And of course BILL & TED'S EXECLLENT ADVENTURE is high on the Schramm's Classics list.